Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Temporary powers are powers that a hero or villain may only use for a short time. The three main types of temporary powers are powers that last for a designated amount of time, a designated amount of uses, or until a specific action is accomplished. Some temporary powers may fall into more than one category; for example, powers that run out when either a specific action is accomplished or a certain amount of time, whichever is sooner.
- Temporary powers denoted by this icon can be obtained an unlimited number of times via Ouroboros flashbacks, and remain for some time after the flashback is over.
- Temporary powers denoted by this icon can also be obtained via Ouroboros flashbacks. If the power has already been obtained once, however, a more limited version (an "echo") of the power is awarded instead.
- Be careful, these powers can be lost when you speak to the contact from which you received them again. Even though they appear to have a certain number of uses remaining, the power will be lost and you cannot regain them.
City of Heroes Powers Edit
City of Villains Powers Edit
Invention Powers Edit
There are five powers that can be created using the invention system.
Mission Related Edit
- The Lost Cure (Heroes only)
The Lost Cure is also awarded to anyone who is teamed up with the Craft Lost Cure Mission Owner at the time said mission owner crafts the cure. Those who get the wand this way do not lose it as long as they don't use it up.
Additionally, villains can also get the wand this way. Be teamed up in Cimerora, the Rikti War Zone, or in a co-op mission with a hero who has the mission. Summon a portable workbench, then the hero crafts the wand and the villain gets one as well. This will not work in Pocket D however (inside a DJ Zero mission will work, and possibly in the Winter Event Ski Chalet), but in the D itself, crafting from a portable workbench does not work.
Arena Powers Edit
There are six powers that can be purchased at the arena stores, each costing 10,000 influnce. These powers can only be used within the arena.
Special Event Powers Edit
Temporary powers found during Special Events
Halloween Events Edit
Valentine's Day Events Edit
Winter Events Edit
Rikti Invasion Event Edit
Developer Powers Edit
Player vs. Player Zone Powers Edit
Bloody Bay Edit
Siren's Call Edit
Heroes and Villains may buy a selection of temporary powers for 10,000 influence/infamy each if their side is in control of the zone.
- These powers may be purchased by both Heroes and Villains:
- These powers are only available to Heroes, and only when they have won zone control twice in a row:
- These powers are only available to Villains, and only when they have won zone control twice in a row:
Recluse's Victory Edit
Co-operation Zone Powers Edit
Rikti War Zone Edit
- Debt Prot 50
- Nectanebo's Curse Breaker
- Vanguard Heavy Power Core
- Vanguard Psionic Shield
- Vanguard Psi-Bomb
Mayhem and Safeguard Missions Powers Edit
Completion Rewards Edit
- Levels 5-10: Raptor Pack (instanced Atlas Park map)
- Level 10-15: Zero-G Pack (instanced Kings Row map)
- Level 15-20: Resuscitation (instanced Skyway City map)
- Level 20-25: Summon Teammates (instanced Steel Canyon map)
- Level 25-30: Movement Increase (instanced Independence Port map)
- Level 30-35: Endurance Increase (instanced Talos Island map)
- Level 35-40: Health Increase (instanced Brickstown map)
- Level 40-45: Life Insurance (instanced Founder's Falls map)
- Level 45-50: Regeneration Increase (instanced Peregrine Island map)
Weapon Raid Side Mission Rewards Edit
These Temporary Powers are awarded for foiling the arms dealers during Weapon Raid Missions within Safeguard and Mayhem zones.
- Cryonite Armor
- Cryoprojection Bracers
- Electromagnetic Grenades
- EMP Glove
- Heavy Rock
- IR Goggles
- Kinetic Shield
- Long Bow
- Med Kit
- Plasmatic Taser
- Smoke Bomb
- Stealth Suit
- Stun Grenade
- Tear Gas
- Wave Scrambler
- Web Grenade