- This article is currently a work in progress. As such, it may contain some editing notes in addition to information. Please be patient, it is being worked on and will be in a finished state before long!
- Also called: Mac Pack
The Mac Special Edition was made possible using TransGaming's Cider Portability Engine, which acts as a "wrapper" around the Game Client, enabling it to run seamlessly on Intel-based Macs running Mac OS X.
TransGaming, Inc., is a leader in the development of unique software portability products that facilitate the deployment of games across multiple platforms. TransGaming's portability technologies significantly reduce the time-to-market for and costs associated with multi-platform game releases.
The Mac version was officially released on January 7, 2009. 
Initially, the Mac Client will only be available digitally. Plans for a box release have been set for 2009.
How to Install Edit
- Download the DMG file: FTP Site 
- Double-click the DMG file to "mount" it (it acts like its own little hard drive) 
- Double-click the disk image to open it
- Drag the app to the Applications folder 
- After launching the app, it connects to the updater and downloads content, just like the Windows version.
- For those who were beta testing, Ghost Falcon posted instructions on how to turn your beta installation into a live installation. (These instructions can be reversed to change a live install into a test install.)
- Buying the full edition comes with a free month of play; the related goodie pack (available separately in early 2009) does not.
- The client will be available at no extra cost (as a download) for anyone that has an active CoH Account.
- Those who use the Mac Client will connect to the same servers as those connecting with the PC Client.
- It is not actually a full client written natively for the Mac; it is a "wrapper" program like Wine and CrossOver, but more specialized.
- Purchasing the Mac Special Edition or the related goodie pack will unlock special items:
See Also Edit
External Links Edit
This article incorporates text from Paragon Wiki, which has been licensed by its author under the GFDL.