- A character is "knocked up" when they are thrown into the air by the force of an attack.
- Though knockup uses a different mechanic than knockback, all knockback resistance and protection are extended to knockup, as well.
- The knockback enhancement does not work in many knockup powers.
- If a character is standing on the ground, they will be tossed into the air, fall to the ground, and must get up off the ground. They cannot move or fire powers during the animation.
- If a character is flying, by any flight power (Hover, Rocket Pack, Group Fly, etc), they will flip in the air. The time necessary to wait through the animation for Flying knockup versus Grounded knockup is approximately half.
- NOTE: Hover used to provide complete knockdown mitigation: you were capable of firing powers and moving around while the flip animation was going. This was a bug and was fixed in August 2008.