Infamy is the currency of City of Villains, and is earned by a character for completing missions, defeating heroes and other villains, and selling items. Its name is an abstraction that refers to the infamy you earn with the citizens of the Rogue Isles for the dastardly deeds you commit. See Understanding Influence and Infamy for a brief explanation of how this abstraction is used.
Infamy can be used at stores and contacts to buy Inspirations, Enhancements, at Facemaker tailors to change Costumes, and can be traded, although only to other villains. It is needed to change the difficulty level for a player's missions. It is also used at the Consignment House to purchase the above items as well as recipes, salvage (both base and invention types) and Invention Origin enhancements. It also is required for the invention system at an invention workbench for purchase of "basic" recipes and spent in the invention process of turning salvage and recipes in to Invention Origin enhancements, Temporary Powers and invented costume pieces.
- Infamy is identical to Influence in terms of game mechanics.
- Infamy and Influence cannot be traded, even through Pocket D.
- Infamy can be converted to prestige at the Super Group Registrar at the rate of 1 million inf for 2,000 prestige.
- Infamy is capped at 2 billion. You can earn more, but it won't be recorded and the system will still see it as 2 billion.
- Infamy and Influence are often referred to simply as Inf, especially as a neutral way of referring to the two currencies interchangeably.